Saturday, January 28, 2012

I once dream of...

being a theatre actress.

That dream started when I was in the sixth grade when I was asked by my music teacher to star as Mary Magdalene in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar. It was really a nice experience, and exposure if you ask me. Even if my teacher literally dragged me to the first rehearsal. LOL. I carried that dream until I was in High School but eventually dropped it when I found out that writing and web design is my forte in life.

But I still go to opera productions when I have the time these days, or when our school invite theatre groups to perform in our school. When I watch a production, though, I make sure that I inform my elder sister what I'm going to see, especially if it is going to be a musical. She lives in the states, and is a sucker for musical plays, I don't know why.

She also happens to love off-broadway shows, which I think are pretty cool. She would often send me photos of the tickets she bought for a show that she would watch, yeah... that really get me envious as I don't have as much free time as her. Pfft. :blackcloud: haha She often get her tickets online from Ticketamerica.com , she said they have many tickets for all different genres of music including musicals and or plays, plus off Broadway productions and all opera and classic music.

Sometimes, when I watch a production I still day dream that I am one of the people performing. I guess, my love for theatre never left me after all, perhaps I'll give it a shot again when I get the chance. Who knows right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment