Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Book Review: Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End

I kicked off my 2013 with a Zombie novel because I was really getting impatient from waiting for the season comeback of The Walking Dead. I am just really grateful of Goodreads as it has been my guide to great books recently. I have my Goodreads account for a while now, but it wasn't until recently that I made use of it. LOL

I found a good zombie book written by a Spanish author and the first book in his series was translated in English, so I decided to go with it. I immediately looked for an ebook, bought it and just started with my adventure.


Plot from Goodreads:
The dead rise…

A mysterious incident in Russia, a blip buried in the news—it’s the only warning humanity receives that civilization will soon be destroyed by a single, voracious virus that creates monsters of men.

Humanity falls…

A lawyer, still grieving over the death of his young wife, begins to write as a form of therapy. But he never expected that his anonymous blog would ultimately record humanity’s last days.

The end of the world has begun…

Governments scramble to stop the zombie virus, people panic, so-called “Safe Havens” are established, the world erupts into chaos; soon it’s every man, woman, and child for themselves. Armed only with makeshift weapons and the will to live, a lone survivor will give mankind one last chance against…

My Review: It was a bit boring at first as it's written in diary form, sort of like Jonathan Harker's diary in Bram Stoker's Dracula. But like the said novel, the story gets better as it progresses; it's naturally written style, I think, is what made this novel easy to read, while the events made it more exciting to read. Loureiro, although I have never read his previous works, captured me with every line of this book with its realistic turn of events and its heart-pounding horde chases, gun shootings and car drifting. I am honestly getting impatient waiting for the English version of the second book.

I'm giving this book five cookies for the awesome flesh-hunting, heart-pounding adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment