Saturday, June 30, 2012

Book Review: Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire

“It was as if when I looked into his eyes I was standing alone on the edge of the world...on a windswept ocean beach. There was nothing but the soft roar of the waves.”
― Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire


Plot: Here are the confessions of a vampire. Hypnotic, shocking, and chillingly erotic, this is a novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonishing force—a story of danger and flight, of love and loss, of suspense and resolution, and of the extraordinary power of the senses. It is a novel only Anne Rice could write.

This is obviously a classic, what else can I say about it? It has award winning written all over it, and that's not only literally. It's a must read for vampire literature fanatics, no other novel could be compared to this compelling tale of Louis, Claudia and Lestat. It's a definite must read if you still have not read it; it will take you to places you never thought of going to, and experience lavishly an adventure of a lifetime. Call me overrated, but that was what I have been through as I read this book. I'm giving this book five cookies, not only for being a classic, but for taking for a great adventure in the 19th century. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment